What is Westford Earth Month?
Westford Earth Month is a series of events occurring in Westford, Massachusetts throughout April. It expands on the tradition of Earth Day. Given the climate crisis, we need more attention and activism than ever. Climate change is a global issue but the work starts locally.
UPCYCLE BOOK CRAFTS |Tuesday, April 18 from 3:30 to 5:00 | JV Fletcher Library | Register
LIBRARY EARTH DAY CELEBRATION | Thursday, April 20 at 11 AM | JV Fletcher Library | Find Out More
ALPACA THERAPY | Thursday, April 20 at 2 PM | JV Fletcher Library | Register
ANIMAL CRAZE TRAVELING FARM | Saturday, April 22 from 3-5 pm | Westford Common
What are some of the events?
Earth Day Festival
Westford Common | April 22nd from 2:00-5:00 PM
- Music will be provided by Oh Contraire, Momentum Rocks, Estella Cui and Malvika Bhardwaj
- Experts and exhibits on alternative energy, sustainability, recycling, solar energy, and Mass Save rebates
- Westford Museum display of Native American artifacts from its collection
- Children who make and submit a poster about Earth Day will be eligible for a free drawing for prizes
- Animal Craze Traveling Farm on the Common
Adult and Family Events
Gardening for Wildlife in an Era of Climate Change: A Webinar | Monday, April 10, 7pm | Register Here
Stargazing Party | Sunday, April 23, 7:30, Stony Brook School | Register Here
MIT Haystack: Mission, History and Present Climate Change Work | Thursday, April 27, 7:00, In-person at J.V. Fletcher Library and on Zoom | Find Out More
Weekly Nature Walks and Hikes
A Walk to the Stone Arch Bridge | Saturday April 1, 9-10:30 a.m
A Walk on the Sassafras Trail | Saturday, April 8, 9-10:30 a.m.
A Walk on Burns Hill | Saturday, April 15, 9-10:30 a.m.
A Walk along Beaver Brook | Saturday, April 22, 9-10:30 a.m.
A Walk on the Peace Trail | Saturday, April 29, 9-10:30 a.m.